The fields of medical and recreational marijuana are still in their beginning stages. Businesses operating within the industry have specific, nuanced, needs. Whether you are operating a recreational, or medical dispensary, a grow facility, or transport service, you need the help of industry leaders to ensure you, and your building, are properly covered.
What Protections Does a Marijuana Business Insurance Policy Offer?
The exact protections that a cannabis dispensary insurance policy offers vary from one policy to the next, but there are several coverages that many policies make available. Some of these common coverages include:
- Commercial Property Coverage, which may cover a dispensary-owned building and most of the contents in it
- Landlord Coverage, for buildings in which a dispensary, or grow facility are tenants, Landlords need to look into coverage to suit their needs.
- Medicine Coverage, which may specifically cover the medical marijuana a dispensary has in stock
- General Liability Coverage, which may cover common accidents that take place on a dispensary’s premises
- Professional Liability Coverage, which may cover errant advice that’s given by a dispensary’s employee
- Product Liability Coverage, which may cover injuries or illnesses that a dispensary’s products cause
- Business Income Coverage, which may cover prolonged losses in revenue that are caused by certain natural disasters
- Cyber Liability Coverage, which may cover data breaches and online attacks
- Workers Compensation, like any other business, workers compensation is a requirement and specialized policies cover businesses within the cannabis industry.
Still other coverages that a dispensaries, and grow facilities might look for in a policy are inland marine coverage, directors and officers liability coverage, and there are more. An agent who’s familiar with these types of policies can help businesses select all of the coverages that are available and they need in place.
Let's get the conversation started